Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Obama Education Speech

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/29615027#29615027

Watch and comment! What does this mean for us in Early childhood and you as a college student...

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

President Obama is such an eloquent speaker. His plan sounds wonderful. He stated, "America needs to educate from the craddle through the career". That definitely shows that priority should be given to early childhood education and a higher standard will be required for ECE teachers and educators as a whole. That probably means more intense training and should mean more mandatory recurrent training for those in the workforce. I'm excited because more funding will be given to educate a child (and parents) from the beginning of life, which is vital, and could possible eliminate the need of so many funds going to intervention programs in adolescence. I'm excited to be preparing for a career that will help enhance the life of someone. CP2

Anonymous said...

Iam very glad that President Obama came up with giving the child care more money,Because the teacher"and the childcare workers are being under paid.That was a good decision.

Joanne Child dev 205

Anonymous said...

Natalie Sahagun

i feel that everything obama had said about the teachers that work hard should be payed based on there performance i have always felt that way. I do not think that a teacher that has not had any positive impact on students shouldn't even be around kids especially if that teacher is teaching for the financial benefits. i also feel that kids should be in school for longer amounts of time because i feel that the child can learn more. I know teachers hasd to have been upset hearing that because teachers have personal lives that they must get back to but just knowing that a teacher can make a different outcome of a cjild is very rewarding.

Anonymous said...

Regina CDV 101

I think President Obama speech on education was really meaningful. He speaks with so much potentials and education should be the top priority. Without any education you can't find a great job. Mainly teachers have been under paid for years and its time for a change in their pay.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about Obama in office this means great things for early childhood.More money and more learning for kids.Working with kids can be challenge even more challenging working with the parents. But Obama is so right about you have to teach and care for a child from the time they are born.Richard CD 262

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about Obama in office this means great things for early childhood.More money and more learning for kids.Working with kids can be challenge even more challenging working with the parents. But Obama is so right about you have to teach and care for a child from the time they are born.Richard CD 262

Anonymous said...

I am extremely pleased with President Obama's plan to provide more funding for the education of children.I believe that is something that should have happened long ago. Tynesha Broome

Anonymous said...

Educating the minds of our young children is an excellent way to give them the foundation they need to be successful in life.Claudia Smith

Anonymous said...

I'm excited that the field of early education is on the presidents top agenda. I beleive that obama will continue to support the education of young prechoolers because it is their base. Claudia Smith

Anonymous said...

I love with Obama is talking about I just hope that all educators and parents really understand the importance of early childhood education because in the end we are the one's who have to execute his plans into action with our passion and drive for molding those young minds. Claudia Smith

Anonymous said...

crystal dent president obama is a wonderful man, he's focusing on the most important aspect on this earth, education, education has to be taken much more serious then what it is,im glade he is making people focus on that,if we start children off early now their should be no reson for them to try to catch up later,president obama has a plan in store that is going to bring a positive change for the present and the future.

Anonymous said...

All that is true and you made some very good points because President Obama did also make some very good points and the child be should be learning at a early age. Also the parent's should be teaching their child as the child grows older.

Darlene

Anonymous said...

Cynthia
Obama speech about education was nice and he really had some good points. I'm excited that he came up with this excellent ideas.

Dewina said...

I think as college students that's
going into edcation need to make sure that we are on the ball. In other words we are learning and retaining all the knowledge and information we need to be in early childhood. I think that as future teachers we need to go above and beyond to become knowledgeable and educated in the field that we are teaching.

L. Grayson CD262 CD109 said...

I am happy that President Obama understands that change starts with the children.I appreciate the fact that ECE will be required to do more then they have been. Most of the EC teachers I've met have one priority themselves. The children come first. Its good to know someone really cares. "Educate from the cradle to the career" that is a good saying,and America needs to put it into action!!!

Anonymous said...

Obama education speech very well said I would like to see more money going toward school to better the students, and their academics. And the money go toward Education majors.

Anonymous said...

I love the speech that president Obama gave.If the teachers get paid according to their preformance maybe some of the teachers that are lacking in their performace as a teacher, will have something to boost their energy as teachers. well really teachers shouldn't need anything to boost their energy if this is the career you choose you she teach with all your heart. This would mean a lot because teachers are so under paid.The question is what determines the performance of a good teacher. Kenya Atwater

Anonymous said...

A Cawthon, I find President Obama decision to provide more money for educators to be well needed and well over due. there first is a teacher before a police officer, before the doctor,before the lawyer, and before the nurse. someone taught them how to do that job. so why is it teacher are paid far less for what they are teaching somebody what to do. i think teachers should get way more credit and money for the jobs they do. there are some teachers who don't need to e teaching but there are so many wonderful teachers that deserve to be rewarded for there actions in developing great minds at work.

Anonymous said...

I really happy that Obama makes education a top priority. He makes it more insprirng for others and his speech blew me away. It's really nice to know children will be learn and it gives teachers hope. Sarah Garcia

Anonymous said...

Tameka Williams- Good Job Mr. President! I agree with President Obama-teachers should get paid what they weigh. If students walk out of a class not learning much of anything, they should get the boot or at least paid based from that. Bet A LOT of teacher will get their acts together then!

Anonymous said...

Cleaster Steward

I'm so glad that President Obama understand that early education is important for children. It's great to see someone in the goverment understand we have lay a strong foundation for children.

Jelilat said...

i think president Obama interest on education is a great advantage to motivate students to work harder.However a teacher that impact positively to students life should also be rewarded accordingly.

Jelilat Rasheed
CD 101

Lakeysha F said...

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! First of all I am a parent of four children, and I dropped out of school when I was sixteen years old. I now know how important a education is. But Obama said it best on why I want to open a quality childcare facility " I want kid's to be better prepared by the time they enter kindergaten". Not only that I also believe if a child that attends a quality early childhood program will score higher in reading, and math, graduate from high school, graduate from college. That's my main goal, and Obama said it best!

Anonymous said...

i think the speech obama made was good. gave me alot of info on early childhood education or eduaction in general. i think he made some good points about teaching and teachers. he states that if you after several times of trying to teach and you teaching skills is not taking effect then you need to give up teaching. he said that every dollar you spend then 10 go towards eduaction

Anonymous said...

Again,I am proud to have Obama as our country's leader,His speeches are well done and well said,early childhod education is the key to a childs journey through education,it all starts here,and our President knows it,more funding means the more we can help Obama,I am ready foe change

AIEYSHA CURRIN

Anonymous said...

La Wanda Dawson The speech that president Obama said was real. I like he encourage more moms to go back to school. And also he gave American extra money to go back.

Anonymous said...

C. Barnes
I'm excited that the field of early education is on the presidents top agenda. I believe that obama will continue to support the education of young preschoolers because it is their base.

Anonymous said...

president obama is a good speaker, a motivational one. He has a good plan concerning early childhood education; which will require higher standard from teachers and educators.I am very happy that President Obama came up with the ideal of pumping money for child child care, Because the teacher"and the childcare workers are being under paid.That was a good decision.president Obama realize the fact that children are the future of tomorrow. CD-101 Ayodeji Adeyemi

Anonymous said...

President Obama speech speaks for itself. The President is leading by example. By thinking of a plan and writing it down and now he is informing us, his people of this wonderful plan. He is letting us know that we all need a plan in order to make it through this life. We need a plan to reach our goal. This is what he is saying to our children that they can accomplish anything as long as they have thought out what it is they want to acheive in life. Whatever it is President Obama is a witness that it can be done. Deborah Batie

Anonymous said...

Sammy Lebron Child Dev. 101

Obama is doing making a good choice helping out the teachers. From what I know, teachers are not getting that much money for the beginning of the school year to purchase things they need. i also like how he is mentioning the other races and basically areas. he wants to make sure they all get an equal oppurtunity and show off their talent or what ever ability they have. I feel he will make that drop out rate in most of the schools, drop that rate to very low.

Anonymous said...

President Obama Is a great man and its great that he is giving child care money because it takes a lot to work with people children. He want to make chidlren education more productive and i'm exicted that he is making a change now since he made the first step we need to make the other two and change this world around.

kristina widemon

Anonymous said...

Pilar Reed

As an future eduator iam extremely excited that obama is our President. Knowing that he wants to provide more funding in early childhood makes me happy.He made a lot of excellent points in this article.Iam happy that he is our leader.