Katrese Alexander Child Dev.262 This video that Sir Ken Robinson did was interesting. The video speaks about creativity in the classrooms. If our teachers stay educated themselves we would learn that being creative in the class should challenge children but in the process educated them.
This is an exciting talk by Sir Ken Robinson. Creativity should form an indispensable element of our school system mainly as the future of our economy is volatile. Extracting pupils creative side and guiding them to be creative and to use their imagination allows them to develop and use their higher order thinking skills which from an early age shove them to become analytical and creative people. I think pupils need a lot of direct modeling, guidance and support to apply their creative capabilities to tasks. In the world of work this is a precondition for our future generation. CD-101 Ayodeji Adeyemi
C.Barnes I believe they are just as important as each other, however You cannot put one over the other, they are just as important as each other. I really like his speech and he was very funny because at first i was going to watch it because it's almost 20mins long but i liked it and it was very interesting.
I love art,artist,and those that have an creative side of to them.I think that we as a country wouldn't be labeled so great if it was for the creative people that makes up our country.Our technology and Wittie invention that have been created by people with so much creativity, make our lives easier. Every couple month something that was invented last year or even upgraded last year, someone is working on a way to upgrade the version that was just upgraded.We have such great technology thanks to the creative people not only in our county but on earth. Kenya Atwater
gina colbert child dev. 262 the video was interestind to an extent. i believe that children should stay involved in being creative to keep them engaged. if we as teachers show how creative we can be than the children will get that aspect of they can be creative as well.
I think that Sir Ken Robinson was ver interesting he touch on some great stuff. Being creative as a teacher is so important. It helps the teacher as well as the student. It opens up doors to many curriculums that can be taught in the classroom and when this door is closed it makes it very limited to what can be done with the children. Deborah Batie
Nikkia Scott I agree with Ken Robinson. I believe that creativity is important to children, because it bring out who they are. Creativity shows children what they are able to. Just like my day care center having kids write for an hour they not just going to get it. But if you teach creativity with their writing then they might be interesting in writing. Such as having a note paid in housekeeping they can act like they are writing. You have to use creativity in children learning. Learning is not just about math, science, and other subjects. It’s also about music, dance, and learning to do art. Children learn how to express themselves by actually doing these activities.
Hello I am Christina Glover. I believe in creactivity in the classroom. Gardner talked about Mutiple Intelligence. Every child has something that he or she is good at, and if we expolre those areas, we will have more productive children
William Hill CD101 By me being a dedicated early childhood professional, I believe that learning should be done holistically. Meaning, lessons should encourage the use of multiple senses. Every child learns differently, relating to Gardner's Multiple Intellegence theory. Additionally, creative arts require problem solving, trial and error, and in some cases social referencing, along with other benefitial developmental milestones.
i think this was a good video to watch it talks abotu being creative to children and i think when you become a child provider or teacher being creative helps your children learn trina harris 262
Sir Ken Robinson made this presentation very entertaining and interesting to pay attention too. He has a good point in the video. I think a lot of creativity should be in the classrooms. Children today lose their attention span easily when they have to do classwork like math, reading or writing. I feel if we put some kind of entertaing creative actvity in those subjects it will keep the students on point and interested in the subject.
creativity can be a very helpful way of helping children and even adults learn. sometimes i find myself catching on to some of my lecture only when we play games in my college success class. Anquinetta Butler
I THINK THIS WAS A GREAT VIDEO ON CREATIVITY BEING NOT RECOGNIZED AND APPRECIATED IN SCHOOLS. NOT ONLY DO CHILDREN NEED TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE BUT ALSO BE WILLING TO EXPRESS THEIR SELVES. AND SOCIETY DO NEED TO STOP TELLING CHILDREN TALENT WILL GET THEM NOWHERE BECAUSE THEIR MISLEADING OUR CHILDREN, THEIR SO MANY TALENTED CHILDREN OUT THEIR SCARED TO SHOW BECAUSE SOMEONE HAVE TOLD THEM IT WILL GET THEM NO WHERE.
children are like sponges. they obsorb everything they see, so this advertisement is absolutely correct positive action should be practiced so our children will be productive adults. smilton 101
Everyone is interested in education but education needs to me more creative and I’m not saying that education should be all fun and no work but I think we need to get are students back involved in the learning process and focus more on learning because all kids do have talent and we should be able to view their talents instead of overlooking them. Sir Ken Robinson makes jokes a way of expressing how he feels about the issue on creative education but its true. This video was interesting.
Everyone is interested in education but education needs to me more creative and I’m not saying that education should be all fun and no work but I think we need to get are students back involved in the learning process and focus more on learning because all kids do have talent and we should be able to view their talents instead of overlooking them. Sir Ken Robinson makes jokes a way of expressing how he feels about the issue on creative education but its true. This video was interesting.
I DO AGREE WITH THE VIDEO. HAVING CREATIVITY IN THE CLASSROOM IS A VITAL TOOL NEEDED. HAVING OUR FUTURE GENERATION TAP INTO THEIR TALENTS AT YOUNG AGE, SO THAT THEY CAN IMPROVE AND PERFECT IT IN YEARS TO COME.
Sir Ken Robinson did an excellent job with the talk about creativity in the classroom. when you are creative when comes to teaching, it can be fun as well giving the child a better way of learning while making them want to learn even more and might excel more.
As teacher we should try and make the work we are presented to our children intersting as possible or we will loose the attention in our children. We can be creative but very specific in what we want our children to learn as well. when working with children you have to open up your mind to new ways for them to learn.
I always wanted to know how to draw. Art is a very beautiful thing. The detail, different colors, strange shapes, variety of things that makes art unique. I think artistic people are very creative and blessed. Blessed to make things that people wish they could make. Expressing different emotions in their art and creativity it brings a smile to my face.
Another inspiring video. I wish that art was taken more serious, any type of art form weather it being, visual, dance, children need that creativity! I remember in elementary school having the same art teacher all my time there. She was a great mentor and how I loved color, arts and crafts and getting messy in order to make something I thought was a art piece. Sure I wasn't the best but I was ok with it. I didn't know what I wanted to be growing up, at times I thought an artist, a photographer, even an art therapist but those dreams were shatter by people telling me there isn't good jobs out there for those kinds of things.
I have been a reading tutor for the past 4 years and I've come across children that are labeled ADHD. It's a shame really, to let children waste away creative talents that are never to be known of.
In a big way, I feel I lost a part of myself because I don't do the things I enjoy the most, drawing painting etc because of my busy schedule with full time student part time job and still I have to juggle family and boyfriend. I feel like I don't have time for being creative anymore.
One of the students that I tutored said he loved to draw, when I seen he drew a pair of hands, it looked like a 1st grader did it, and he was in 6th grade. I told him what kinds of things did they show him in his art class at school and he said, "We don't have an art class". My heart just sunk down. I was so shocked and upset and hurt to see someone trying to draw a pair of hands erasing more than 20 times only to get the same image.
Not everyone is good at being an artist but with practice and the right guidance and encouragement, it goes a long way.
I love working with all of you and find myself amazed and proud of you all, ALL OF THE TIME! I feed off of your strength and look forward to the amazing impacts, I know, you will make in our field!
23 comments:
Katrese Alexander Child Dev.262
This video that Sir Ken Robinson did was interesting. The video speaks about creativity in the classrooms. If our teachers stay educated themselves we would learn that being creative in the class should challenge children but in the process educated them.
This is an exciting talk by Sir Ken Robinson. Creativity should form an indispensable element of our school system mainly as the future of our economy is volatile. Extracting pupils creative side and guiding them to be creative and to use their imagination allows them to develop and use their higher order thinking skills which from an early age shove them to become analytical and creative people. I think pupils need a lot of direct modeling, guidance and support to apply their creative capabilities to tasks. In the world of work this is a precondition for our future generation.
CD-101
Ayodeji Adeyemi
C.Barnes
I believe they are just as important as each other, however You cannot put one over the other, they are just as important as each other. I really like his speech and he was very funny because at first i was going to watch it because it's almost 20mins long but i liked it and it was very interesting.
I love art,artist,and those that have an creative side of to them.I think that we as a country wouldn't be labeled so great if it was for the creative people that makes up our country.Our technology and Wittie invention that have been created by people with so much creativity, make our lives easier. Every couple month something that was invented last year or even upgraded last year, someone is working on a way to upgrade the version that was just upgraded.We have such great technology thanks to the creative people not only in our county but on earth. Kenya Atwater
gina colbert child dev. 262
the video was interestind to an extent. i believe that children should stay involved in being creative to keep them engaged. if we as teachers show how creative we can be than the children will get that aspect of they can be creative as well.
I think that Sir Ken Robinson was ver interesting he touch on some great stuff. Being creative as a teacher is so important. It helps the teacher as well as the student. It opens up doors to many curriculums that can be taught in the classroom and when this door is closed it makes it very limited to what can be done with the children. Deborah Batie
Nikkia Scott
I agree with Ken Robinson. I believe that creativity is important to children, because it bring out who they are. Creativity shows children what they are able to. Just like my day care center having kids write for an hour they not just going to get it. But if you teach creativity with their writing then they might be interesting in writing. Such as having a note paid in housekeeping they can act like they are writing. You have to use creativity in children learning. Learning is not just about math, science, and other subjects. It’s also about music, dance, and learning to do art. Children learn how to express themselves by actually doing these activities.
Hello I am Christina Glover. I believe in creactivity in the classroom. Gardner talked about Mutiple Intelligence. Every child has something that he or she is good at, and if we expolre those areas, we will have more productive children
William Hill CD101
By me being a dedicated early childhood professional, I believe that learning should be done holistically. Meaning, lessons should encourage the use of multiple senses. Every child learns differently, relating to Gardner's Multiple Intellegence theory. Additionally, creative arts require problem solving, trial and error, and in some cases social referencing, along with other benefitial developmental milestones.
i think this was a good video to watch it talks abotu being creative to children and i think when you become a child provider or teacher being creative helps your children learn trina harris 262
Sammy Lebron Child Dev. 101
Sir Ken Robinson made this presentation very entertaining and interesting to pay attention too. He has a good point in the video. I think a lot of creativity should be in the classrooms. Children today lose their attention span easily when they have to do classwork like math, reading or writing. I feel if we put some kind of entertaing creative actvity in those subjects it will keep the students on point and interested in the subject.
creativity can be a very helpful way of helping children and even adults learn. sometimes i find myself catching on to some of my lecture only when we play games in my college success class. Anquinetta Butler
I THINK THIS WAS A GREAT VIDEO ON CREATIVITY BEING NOT RECOGNIZED AND APPRECIATED IN SCHOOLS. NOT ONLY DO CHILDREN NEED TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE BUT ALSO BE WILLING TO EXPRESS THEIR SELVES. AND SOCIETY DO NEED TO STOP TELLING CHILDREN TALENT WILL GET THEM NOWHERE BECAUSE THEIR MISLEADING OUR CHILDREN, THEIR SO MANY TALENTED CHILDREN OUT THEIR SCARED TO SHOW BECAUSE SOMEONE HAVE TOLD THEM IT WILL GET THEM NO WHERE.
S.MILTON CD 101
children are like sponges. they obsorb everything they see, so this advertisement is absolutely correct positive action should be practiced so our children will be productive adults.
smilton 101
Rosenice Evans
Everyone is interested in education but education needs to me more creative and I’m not saying that education should be all fun and no work but I think we need to get are students back involved in the learning process and focus more on learning because all kids do have talent and we should be able to view their talents instead of overlooking them. Sir Ken Robinson makes jokes a way of expressing how he feels about the issue on creative education but its true. This video was interesting.
Rosenice Evans
Everyone is interested in education but education needs to me more creative and I’m not saying that education should be all fun and no work but I think we need to get are students back involved in the learning process and focus more on learning because all kids do have talent and we should be able to view their talents instead of overlooking them. Sir Ken Robinson makes jokes a way of expressing how he feels about the issue on creative education but its true. This video was interesting.
I DO AGREE WITH THE VIDEO. HAVING CREATIVITY IN THE CLASSROOM IS A VITAL TOOL NEEDED. HAVING OUR FUTURE GENERATION TAP INTO THEIR TALENTS AT YOUNG AGE, SO THAT THEY CAN IMPROVE AND PERFECT IT IN YEARS TO COME.
Ibrahim Adelekan Child Dev 101
Sir Ken Robinson did an excellent job with the talk about creativity in the classroom. when you are creative when comes to teaching, it can be fun as well giving the child a better way of learning while making them want to learn even more and might excel more.
Fatimah Kabir
CD-101
As teacher we should try and make the work we are presented to our children intersting as possible or we will loose the attention in our children. We can be creative but very specific in what we want our children to learn as well. when working with children you have to open up your mind to new ways for them to learn.
comments ny Kristina Widemon
jessica tristan. I thinnk creativity in school is important because it can help with finding out who you are.
Vivian Tyms CD-109
I believe creativity is the key. Children should stay creative, because without creativity your not your own person.
Pilar Reed
I always wanted to know how to draw. Art is a very beautiful thing. The detail, different colors, strange shapes, variety of things that makes art unique. I think artistic people are very creative and blessed. Blessed to make things that people wish they could make. Expressing different emotions in their art and creativity it brings a smile to my face.
Maricarmen Gonzalez Child Dv 109
Another inspiring video. I wish that art was taken more serious, any type of art form weather it being, visual, dance, children need that creativity! I remember in elementary school having the same art teacher all my time there. She was a great mentor and how I loved color, arts and crafts and getting messy in order to make something I thought was a art piece. Sure I wasn't the best but I was ok with it. I didn't know what I wanted to be growing up, at times I thought an artist, a photographer, even an art therapist but those dreams were shatter by people telling me there isn't good jobs out there for those kinds of things.
I have been a reading tutor for the past 4 years and I've come across children that are labeled ADHD. It's a shame really, to let children waste away creative talents that are never to be known of.
In a big way, I feel I lost a part of myself because I don't do the things I enjoy the most, drawing painting etc because of my busy schedule with full time student part time job and still I have to juggle family and boyfriend. I feel like I don't have time for being creative anymore.
One of the students that I tutored said he loved to draw, when I seen he drew a pair of hands, it looked like a 1st grader did it, and he was in 6th grade. I told him what kinds of things did they show him in his art class at school and he said, "We don't have an art class". My heart just sunk down. I was so shocked and upset and hurt to see someone trying to draw a pair of hands erasing more than 20 times only to get the same image.
Not everyone is good at being an artist but with practice and the right guidance and encouragement, it goes a long way.
BRING CREATIVITY BACK!
Post a Comment