For those of you in CD 101 and 109
www.livetext.com is where your assignments will be submitted!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Blog for students in the Child Development Program to learn from and with each other!
33 comments:
i registerd my account today with livetext and its really cool.
hi, today we were in the computer lab to lear about live text, really enjoyed it and it will help a lot. sylvia sheldon
I think livetext is great! Now I can excess my info where ever I am. I like being able to upload all my important info in a excessible place.
live text is excellent. i thought it was going to be complicated. i dont know why though,because im very computer literate. This is the best thing they could've come up with for college and university students.i turned in my first assignment to professor connor. it was excellent, i love this
Thanks to Prof. Connor we are now all up to the newest technology for child developement. We are prepared for transferring into a four year institution without being scared to death. Live text is one of the most fantastic technolgy products we can have during our trying educational times. It is a wonderful tool and so easy to use. Once again Prof. Connor you have taken the time out of your busy schedule to make things better for students as well as faculty in the child development field.
Janet Benavides
I love live text.. I just submitted my first assignment and it was extremely easy...Tynesha Broome
Livetext seems to be really weird, I'm still trying to get used to it. I guess I just have to continue to maneuver around it to get used to it... but it does seem like a worthwhile application to have...
I think live text is great. its a better way to keep organized and you dont have to worry about losing your documents. it is really easy for me because i'm always misplacing things! Sarah Garcia
Helen Said, Live Text is great but drives me crazy sometimes but i am getting the hang of it and it is becoming more fun than stress to me whaooo....
ok, ok, ok iam now a live text cheerleader. if you are having problems with live text, and are ready to give up. I encourage you not to. try, try, and try again. Professor Connor will help you also. With a little practice everyone will get the hang of it. You will all be pros' in no time :)
Hello I'm Shanta Townsend and I have professor Connor for Child Development 101. I absolutely love livetext. I feel it's the best thing to ever happen to college education. I love livetext because I can go directly to livetext, type my assigments right there on the spot, and don't have to type my assigments. This is great because typing assignments is eliminated. Professor Connor is one of the best professors I've had at Olive-Harvey College and I wish that she could be my professor for all of my child development classes.
The more I have used live text the more useful it is. It will be useful to have this program when transferring to a four year institute and with technology so ever rapidly growing it great that our portfoilios can be put online and that potential employers can see them when there are given acces . It makes the individual look more professional when they have acces online then carrying around a six inch binder wherever they go.
janet benavides cd 262
I love livetext my other child development teacher MRS. Jackson just loves it paperless. At first i was having a hard time but when I got it i'm like who in the HELL invented this excuse me but this is so great its so conveint for me and my wonderful teachers. So thanks Ms. Connor for showing me how to blog,livetext and I have not try emailing yet LOL! Before May 16 i'm sure you will help me . I knew none of this before I enter your room. Livetext is the best, I complete my work on time because of this. Then theres twitter LOL! Richard CD 262
Hey there this is Lakiya again. I haven't had the priveldge of having to us live text, but from some of the comments, it's a tie as to how people feel about it. My comments are that it would be a problem for me because I don't have internet and because it requires internet access, I would have to find a location to use often and that in itself could become a problem afterwhile.
Cynthia
I haven't use livetext but what i have heard it seem pretty cool and all student like it they have told me that they are able to upload all their information and that is the newest technology.
P. Lofton i don't have any courses dealing with livetext but i hear many good things about like not is it only easy for students but its also easy for teacher when it comess down to turning in assignments
quite a few people are confused by livetext, and haven't gotten the hang of it.I think there should be another class, when there isn't so much going on. The NAEYC accreditation was a huge project. Some of the students could be more patient, with the professors in the Child Development program. They are trying to help us the best they know how. Don't worry you will learn this.
natalie s CD 109
I prsonally am not a fan of certain technology but i love livetext even though it has its moments where it's slow or not working at all i like that we can send our papers and not have to carry so many things around and i can keep my things organized and look back when i need something.
live text is being used all over at colleges and universities... its best to learn how to do it now ladies...
Alita Brown
Has a decision been made to use livetext in all of the child development classes. When I bought my books this semester I was also sold a pass code for it. You can imagine my surprise when I discovered that none of the classes I was currently enrolled in were using it.
A Cawthon, i love livetext. i wish they would have had it when i started school it would have made things much easier.
Shanta from CD 120. I'm glad that I've got a teacher like prof. Connor who is a very upbeat person and who get me very excited about live text. It's really nice to type assignments right on livetext
as opposed to trying to type assignments the old fashioned way on computer. Though learning livetext in the beginning was hard I eventually got the hang of it all fell in love with it. There's currently a petiton to make all classes on the Olive-Harvey Campus livetext. It would most certainly end the students frustration of trying to get to an available computer to type it on Microsoft
Word.
Tameka Williams- Livetext is cool. I like that I dont have to buy any more of those drives-I can save to livetext and not have to worry about space, misplacing, or breaking the thing. Not to mention the cost.....
Tameka Williams- Livetext is kinda tricky. Honestly, the other day I was ready to throw my computer. I had to do an integrated curriculum for a week in 258. I FINISHED all seven days, went to speel check (why did I do that?!!) and it asked me something about secure and nonsecure items and if I wanted to check them all. I cant remember if I said yes or no but....MY CURRICULUM WAS LOST!!!!! ALL SEVEN DAYS!!!! HOOOUUURRRRSSSS OF WORK. Safe to say I didnt destroy the computer, but I definitely cried. It was the worst experience Ive had on livetext to date. Word of caution: STAY AWAY FROM SPELL CHECK. COMPLETE ON WORD, SPELL CHECK, THEN COPY AND PASTE!!!!!!!! (P.S.-dont tell me about auto save because it didnt restore my work. You got to know I tried that first before I redid the assignment.)
Cleaster Steward
I like livetext it gave me more time to submit my work. With livetext I knew exactly what Prof.Connor wanted. It was an excellent tool and I look forward to using it next semester.
Livetext is so cool! Once Professor Connor showed my class CD101 how to use livetext, I was good to go. Now I must admit, when it came down to my infant and toddler interpretations submission, I totally forgot how to save w/o submitting. Silly me, but once corrected by the Professor I was good to go. Last but not least, I like to write out my interpretations, and then type it; it takes me no time to type it, and forever to write it. Professor Connor if I had to write out observations and interpretations, I would scream mercy for the whole semester! It is so much more convenient to log on to livetext and do an assignment, than to spend hours trying to write or grade.
Pilar Reed
I really love livetext its quick easy and fun. I think that every assignment should be done through livetext. Thanks prof. Connor you teach me something new everyday!!!
LIVETEXT IS A GOOD PROGRAM FOR STUDENTS, TEACHERS WHO EVER WANTS TO USE THEM WHEN EVALUATING OR DOING AN ASSESSMENT.It keeps you on track and all your ideas broken down easily for you and everyone to understand.It keeps information stored easily and can always find no papers to look for. Thumbs up!!!
CD 101
S.Milton
rosenice evans
i like live text beacuse printing things out can be exspensive but if i turn it in on the computer i dont have to pay to print and when the screen show's yellow for submission you know for sure that your teacher recived your assignment
I agree that live text is really cool. i did not know anything about live text until I took cd101. starting off took some getting use to. I think all teachers should use live text. Anquinetta Butler
I KINDA GETTING THE HANG OF LIVETEXT. IT TOOK ALMOST GOT IT.
i love livetext cause ican sit at home and turn in my assignment whoever made live text is freakin genious thanks alot it is all good
jessica tristan. At first I didn't like livetext because UI felt it was too complicated and difficult to understand but then the next semester when I had to use it again i was like no! but come to find out its so much easier and convienent. I think it was just the teacher that wasn't explaining it properly.
Post a Comment