Tuesday, February 10, 2009

In the (k)now...

The economic stimulus package and education... things you should know...


http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/10/education/10educ.html?_r=1&ref=education

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that the proposed economic stimulus bill is wonderful.... I think that all schools and students will greatly benefit from it.Tynesha Broome

Anonymous said...

Regina S. CDV 101
The article was very interesting. The article inform me on the money that will be available for housing, pell grants, roads. I think its a good thing the stimulus package was past.

Anonymous said...

This may not be directly toward the article but, I just want to comment on the president of CTA now being on the school board to take Mr.Ducan place. The president of the CTA couldn't even budget is own account for CTA. The other question I had was
1.How much are we suppose to get back?
2. Is the government going by the amount you made on your taxes?

In the article it says that the government will give money to universities, but what kind of money are they giving to city colleges, besides the grants
S.Perteet

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the senate agreed on funds for education. I am a little disappointed that the amount needed wasn't given. I hope that there will be accountability of where and how the money will be spent. robinmoore

Anonymous said...

Tiffany Smith CD 101 M-W 9-10:50

I think the money is essential we are in a recession it is going to take some time to fix all of our problems my concern is what have they done with the money over the years that are schools are in such a bad state is the money really making a difference or would a change in administration and teaching practices do the trick that remains to be seen. They don't seem to be in agreement regarding the stimulus package but we need reconstruction of our schools overall. I hope this stimulus package will lead us in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

President Obama Barack has the right concept of aiding education with the new stimulus package. Education in the city of chicago alone had been put on the back burner. THe early chidhood programs have been cut and some have not been payed what is due them. Education is a very important factor in the children without proper funding education will always be put at a low priority. I truly agree that the stimulus package is well worth its weight and will in the future have a postivit impact on education and the early childhood programs. Education will finally have the funds to progress with programs .

Janet Benavides

Anonymous said...

I think the economic stimulus package is a great idea not only do we need the momey i feel more importantly we need the jobs and education and housing. Its about time that we have someone in office that really cares what happens to us. Tiffany Williams CD262

Anonymous said...

Helen said, i am happy for the economic stimulus bill that was passed i hope that they use the money for the right purposes and not for the Olympics.Education in Chicago has to be taken seriously because it looks like it is only our president that cares about the future, the mayor and government of this state i really do not understand what they are trying to do.so i hope that they spend the money in the right places and they should also be told to give an account of what they did with the money.

Anonymous said...

The economic stimulus package is great for education. Our new President is a man of vision. I hope that the funds go where they are intended to go and not in someone's private retirement account!
P.S. I am also skeptical of Ron Huberman making decisions about education when he has no background.
Anonymous

Anonymous said...

In regards to the stimulus package we have seen that more funds will be available for financial aid which is wonderful and many more undereducated or those who want to enrich their present jobs for a better future will be able to gain access to monies available to them. I hope that with more funded avabilabe that everyone who can takes advantage of it because you are never too old to learn and everyone can benefit from more knowledge.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about the stimulus package this could not have happen with out Obama this goes back to his speech. This help funding in schools,housing and jobs.These funds she be greatly appreciated and the money is spent wisely to help us in the near future.Richard CD 262

Anonymous said...

P.Lofton the economic stimulus bill is a good idea because before we wasn't sure where the money was going but now we can see that it's going toward a good cause. I think extra money that is going toward education will open up doors for many people.

Anonymous said...

crystal dent i love the idea of a plan thats not going to keep us in the dirt, so thank you government for thinking about the little people i really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I also think that because i am enjoying the stimulus bill as well as my child because i just put my child in a year around school and she is loving it.

Darlene

L. Grayson CD262 CD109 said...

http://www.cdacouncil.org/ I think everyone should go and check that link out. It's for a Child Development Associate Credential. Professor Jackson talked about itin Observation 201once. I decided to research it.

L. Grayson CD262 CD109 said...

http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/ this link has information on Information on child development, parenting, family life, teenagers,
learning, health & safety,
child psychology and mental health.

L. Grayson CD262 CD109 said...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/child-development/my00136

L. Grayson CD262 CD109 said...

Limit screen time to combat childhood obesity

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/child-development/my00136

L. Grayson CD262 CD109 said...

Food pyramid: An option for better eating


http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-diet/NU00190

Anonymous said...

I think the economic stimulus package is much needed due to the economy and the decrease in it. I think it will allow more job openings.

soneca said...

I think the economic stimulus bill will eventually be helpful for the people unemployed, but its not going to be a an change as soon as the stimulus bill hit. As people have seen the economy has not really change that much but, in due time it will.

Anonymous said...

natalie s CD 109
Having the stimulus bill passed i think that it will really help the students that are attending school because times are so much harder now that making decisions to attend school is tuff for some people. Education is key in order to make it in life.

Anonymous said...

I think that the stimulus package for the schools is a great deal on spending the money in a positive way. And it will benefit all parents to interven in their childrens life as far as school so that they can have more activities. it is also a great deal for univeristies so that more peole who can'e pay for school can still attened in a lower price range. Education is i=very inportant. LaShawn Ray

Anonymous said...

The article was very intersting. The stimulus bill is something that everyone will benefit from it.Our schools will benefit,there will be money available for pell grants,housing,our roads and schools. KENYA ATWATER

Anonymous said...

A Cawthon, I think the stimulus will be great if done properly. I just hope schools in need actually see some of the money before funds run out.

Anonymous said...

LAKIYA says, "I've taken a poll and some feel that it is a good break for now but in the end we will pay it back". Taxes are up there already and I hope that our President is being legit when he says that this will benefit america. America has been going through for nine years and another tax increase wouldn't be good for me or anyone for that matter. I like the idea but I hope that I don't get a big bite in the butt!

Anonymous said...

Cleaster Steward

I think it will be great that the schools will be getting more money. They could get better books and other necessity needed to get a better education.

Anonymous said...

gina colbert child dev.262
Im just trying to figure out what have they done all these years with the money. im so glad we have somebody who can act upon it and show some type of consideration. my two sons are suffering in school right now cause i be all in there face. so now they just seem to be lying on progress reports to keep me from comin up there seeing whats going on. it just want sit with me that my child is there everyday and they come home with a f or d on their report card something aint right. i think they are failing to educate them if they feel that they aint gon learn it anyway and pass them on to the next grade. yes someone needs to put their foot down and right now.

lashann walker said...

i think it is a wnderful thing and i thank god i have the opportunity to benefit from it if i could i would encourage every young person and old to go to school education is where its at