Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Welcome Back!!

Hello everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful summer break! This week has been crazy but exciting. We are thrilled to see so many passionate people working towards bettering our children's future. Throughout the semester I will be posting news articles, videos, and discussion topics. Extra credit can only be earned for commenting on posts for THIS semester. But, feel free to join other discussions.

I look forward to a great fall!

Bests,
Prof. Connor

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved participating in the parent interview. This experience allowed me to get an understanding of how this young woman viewed her role as a parent. She thought her life would not change much. However, after the interview we both had a different prospective on parenthood.

Love and Respect
Will
CD 101

Anonymous said...

I was glad when this semester started back. I was getting bored because I was so used to coming to class ever since I started in fall semester in 2007. I am looking forward to this semester to becoming a better teacher when I start my career. Also, I am looking forward to learning more ways of teaching our children. Let's get going! Rowna Miles CD-109

Jelilat Rasheed said...

i could'nt wait to get back to school after the spring semester.i thank God that school finally opened and quess what? i cant wait to be done with this semester. CD 101 Jelilat Rasheed

Anonymous said...

Shantai M. Prince



Even though this is an old post I have to say I really enjoyed this semester. This semester went really fast but I did learn a lot. I learn a lot on autism. I can never say that I know what a person or family is going through with autism, but I can now say I understand. It is amazing how the body function without some of its neurons, or misguided nerves. I just want to say thank you professor Connor if I never get a chance to! You are a wonderful teacher. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

hi mrs.connor well this semester has not been great for me but i am making it. i really enjoy being in your class you always teach me new and exciting things every class meeting. lets enjoy these last few weeks see you next semster.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to attending one of your courses each semester,I am never at a lost taking one of your classes,I admire u as a teacher who has so much expirience to share with us each semster,and Im not just saying that,thank you for all the lessons you've taught me these last couple years.

AIEYSHA CURRIN

Anonymous said...

I hope it is not too late to comment on this post. I really enjoy this class throughout this semester, i never thought CD will be that so interest. Moreover, i gain a lot from this class. At least i can 80% boast that i know how to observe and evaluate a child and come up the necessary solution. I which you teach CD-102 for spring semester.

CD-101 Adeyemi Ayodeji

Anonymous said...

Katrese Alexander Child Dev. 262
I am glad that the fall semester is coming to the end. This means that I will be graduating in the Spring of 2010 with my Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education.

Anonymous said...

Well its the end of the semester I made it through another semester. this semester was easier, and more relaxing than some of my previous semesters.I cut back on some of my hours at work so I would have more time to study and more time for work.I learned an lot this semester and I thank god for professor that really enjoyed their field, because my professor really put that extra effort in everything.Thanks a lot professor connor for everything extra you do especially for the extra help with live text. Thanks alot Kenya Atwater

Anonymous said...

gina colbert child dev. 262
i'm glad to be back in school to prof. i will try my best to make this semester better than before. it seems that everytime i take two steps forward it knocks i fall 4 steps backwards. im not givin up this time though i am determined. i want t thank u though 4 encouraging me on strategies for myself during my sickness it was well appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Hello Professor Connor, this semester has come to a great end. Being in your class has been amazing. The debates we had, and the comments we shared has been and experience for me and I have learned a lot. I thank you for being such a great teacher and just wanted to let you know that when I enjoyed class I would give a shout out to you on facebook. I really learned that going into any profession, working with children they are the most important thing ever and parents can always strive to be better parents...Thanks Professor Connor and Happy Holidays to you and your family...Deborah Batie

Anonymous said...

NIkkia Scott
I read the article when your child has Disability. I can understand this article because at some times having a disability child can be very hard. Parents should treat their disability children as they are equal. I do not agree with giving you child up for adoption because they have a disability.

Anonymous said...

These extra credit assignments are educational not only do you get the story you get to see others views on the topic and post your own thoughts. you not only get class lecture but prospectives from every angal.
smilton dc 101

Anonymous said...

rosenice evans

i enjoy this class and learn alot fromj everyone's single story and from professor conner i think that i like this class so much because i can take what i learn and put it into my everyday life and get a better understanding of why this are happening with children in my family

Anonymous said...

I was excited to start back to school because i bored at home and it was hard finding a job.But most of all i was excited to get back to school so i can finish my child dev major. Anquinetta Butler

Anonymous said...

Zenobia Barker: I wasn't here that semester but I really wanted to say its been a pleasure being in your class I've learned so much about myself and my kids and different things about how to deal with certain situations. Foe me you are like a breath of freah air and I appreciate our time together. Thanks for everything

lashann walker said...

i did horrible last semester and not so good this semster ihad so many things going on in my life and i reallize there are so many people i know are really jealous of my effort of trying to go back to school to better myself but they could do it if i can do it anybody can do it but i appreciate prof connor words of wisdom to just stay focused that really put me in perspective on what i am doing and she told me i feel that i can't do it and that was exactly how i felt but she let me know i can all i have to do is stay focused and do it thank you prof

Anonymous said...

melodye siad..

i was happy when i decided to take this class this semester because this will help be get a btter understanding of how parents feel about their children learning experience as well as this will help me improve my teacher skills by me already working in a daycare