I think this is a great opportunity for student in public school. Our school systems are so screwed up it's crazy our society is not how it use to be parents are not being parents to their children at home which makes it harder for a child to get good grades at school if they are not being helped and taught at home. So yes satitics will be right as far as schools failing if the child is not learning properally.
I AM GLAD TO SE THAT THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IS FOCUSING ON EDUCATION. THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS THAT DO NEED TO BE CHANGED. I FEEL THAT TEACHERS SHOULD NOT PASS STUDENTS THAT ARE STRUGGLING. ONE TEACHER TOLD ME THAT SHE WOULD PASS MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE SHE IS A HARD WORKER. THAT TO ME MEAN SHE IS STRUGGLING. SO, I ASK MYSELF IS THAT WHAT "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND" MEANS. PASS THE KIDS EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE STRUGGLING?HMMM!
patricia wooten cd 101 I like the idea that Obama is revamping the no child left behind program that was started by Bush. I feel that they need to deal with each stuent instead of school. I know some schools that need help with their kids. I don't agree how the money would b distributed. I know that there are alot of schools here in Chicago that need money to get their schools together. Also, there alot of kids that don't want to go to college. So, what do you do with them? I hope that this reform will benefit everyone the way it should. I know Chicago need all the help they can get. Lastly I feel that the government should step in because you always find out that someone has been messing with the school money. I will wait to see what happens.
I believe this was a good ideas the no child left behind. All of our children is important, and everyone learn differently. Another point is the ferdal government no nothing about the success of our children and schools. Those choices need to go back to our states and local government. CD 101 S.MILTON
I honestly think that the government does not know what is really needed to help schools become better at excelling. the no child left behind proposal does not help every child who really does need it and for obama to change it to his own way is going to make things worst. If the people in politics who have authority to change and make education better for schools and students, would take the time and go to some schools and observe whats really going on an how they can make it better, the education reform would not be harmful and unfair to so many schools.
The federal government shouldn't have the say so for school policies, closing of schools, etc. That should be the job of the teachers, and each state government they are the ones who uderstand, and know whats going on within the schools and their students. This No ChILD Left Behind polocy is a good idea, hopefully it gets the supports it needs. CD 101
Takahya McIntyre Child Development 101 This article was very intersting and i really do believe that the teachers should choose how they want to teach the children because they would know how the children learn better than the government. The teachers will be the one in the classroom learning each child strength as well as weakness. Also the standrized test i feel as though that should not determine the schools standing due to the fact that maybe some children are not good at taking test or maybe a child was sick that day or something was going on in the home who are we to decide that the child should fail or the school should be closed down due to a bad test grade. I also think that any school can teach the children what they need to know but the question is are they really learning anything.
I can honestly say this and only this my president said it best "Education is no longer just a pathway to opportunity and success, it is a prerequisite," Obama.
I honestly will say this and only this obama said it best "Education is no longer just a pathway to opportunity and success, it is a prerequisite," A. Coleman
(A. Coleman)I will say this and only this in agreeiance with President Obama "Education is no longer just a pathway to opportunity and success, it is a prerequisite," Obama.
Robin: I am glad that our new president (Obama) children had the opportunity attending a public school in Chicago. I believe for that reason and Arnie Duncan being in involved in the Public school system is going to allow them to fix the "No Child Left Behind" crisis. Allowing the teachers to be creative in their teaching is great. They are the ones dealing with the students and understand their needs. I just hope they use the monies to focus on the at risk schools. Agreeing to a uniform set of national academic standards will give all the students throughout the states the same quality of education.
change is good but to put tripple the work and responsiblity on the teachers is crule.The main concern is teachers having no authority is simply wrong. this is going to cause stress on teachers and students.I believe that dealing with the school sysems and the overal budget that money is not being used properly. Anquinetta Butler
i am glad that obama is working on the school system. The old system appear not to be working. I do not understand how they have the "no child left" program but yet they are suspending kids every other day. In the new system they need to incorporate behavior. There are a lot of kids that are struggling with behavior problems which would interfere with the kids learning.
Zenobia Barker: I feel the no child left behind is a gteat ideal but their are aways kids that simply fall throught the cracks in the system I know the systems is perfect but their need to be some changes made to meet every childs needs. Kids need a sense of security and if they fall thought the cracks the what happens to them.
Rosemarie Quintana CD 109 I agree with Obama trying to bring back the no child left behind program because many of the public schools need help with alot of things and need alot of money to improvr thier school.That is true there are many kids that do not want to go to college so what really can we do to help them .I really fill strongly about how chicago need more help and support from the government and who ever else is willing to help.
Rosemarie Quintana CD 109 I agree with Obama trying to bring back the no child left behind program because many of the public schools need help with alot of things and need alot of money to improvr thier school.That is true there are many kids that do not want to go to college so what really can we do to help them .I really fill strongly about how chicago need more help and support from the government and who ever else is willing to help.
I understand what Obama is doing. I also respect him for what he's doung.But, I believe the "no child left behind" is a bit much for some children. Some children can be honor roll students all year long, but will fail that test due to the pressure we place on them. Then they have to repeat the same grade. What do we do about that? I believe that there are other options.....
I LOVE OBAMA IDEA ON LOOKING AT THE CHILDREN AS INDIVIDUALS INSTEAD OF MAKING THE CHILDREN THAT ARE REALLY DOING THEIR WORK SUFFER BECAUSE OF ANOTHER PERSON MISTAKES. MANY CHILDREN ARE NOT JUST GOOD IN MATH AND READING BUT ALL AREAS. IF A CHILD HAS ALL THESE OTHER CLASSES BUT THE TEST ARE ON FOCUSING ON TWO SUBJECTS WHAT IS THE POINT IN TAKING THEM. THIS SYSTEM WILL HELP CHILDREN DEVELOPMENT IN ALL SUBJECTS I AM HAPPY HE IS CHANGING THE NO CHILD LIFT BEHIND.
I believe that every child should receive all the skills that teacher have to offer them. we as adults should come together for our futher children work hard to accomplish what is needed to instill all the skills and knowledge... they're our future.
I was kind of back and fourth with the articles information, I agree with obama about judging school of individual students instead of overall class performance. I agree that we should make high school student college ready and career ready, but I don’t think we should leave it up to the federal government to control from Washington. I think that it should be some other way that out teachers, school districts and the board of education should moniter. And the comment Amy Wilkins statement makes me wonder if the plan was well thought out. Because we would be letting 85% of our schools get over looked. I liked the no child left behind, but it has some flaws, all great plans do. I think that we should figure out the problem, find the issue and fix it and work try to work Obama’s plan into the mix so we can end up with an excellent plan Cynthia Warren cd101
i fel that that nochild left behind is good buti feel that they can doa better job helping the schools out some of these schools need it worse than others who get the say who get it and who dont every child education is mportant tht is probably the easonwe have swuch a high drop out rate.
"I AM GLAD TO SE THAT THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IS FOCUSING ON EDUCATION".Education to me is very important so if there is anything that can be done to better it i say go fo it. Kids now a days need to e pushed for everything so having this opportunity is great. A. Coleman CD101
I believe that every child should receive all the skills that teacher have to offer them.Also the standardized test i feel as though that should not determine the schools standing due to the fact that maybe some children are not good at taking test or maybe a child was sick that day or something was going on in the home who are we to decide that the child should fail or the school should be closed down due to a bad test grade.
I am happy that President Obama is taking steps to change No Child Left Behind. There were a lot of good ideas in the plan that just weren't followed through. I think schools need to develop a different program one that suits them. I think part of the problem that it was to broad a plan.
I love working with all of you and find myself amazed and proud of you all, ALL OF THE TIME! I feed off of your strength and look forward to the amazing impacts, I know, you will make in our field!
25 comments:
I think this is a great opportunity for student in public school. Our school systems are so screwed up it's crazy our society is not how it use to be parents are not being parents to their children at home which makes it harder for a child to get good grades at school if they are not being helped and taught at home. So yes satitics will be right as far as schools failing if the child is not learning properally.
I AM GLAD TO SE THAT THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IS FOCUSING ON EDUCATION. THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS THAT DO NEED TO BE CHANGED. I FEEL THAT TEACHERS SHOULD NOT PASS STUDENTS THAT ARE STRUGGLING. ONE TEACHER TOLD ME THAT SHE WOULD PASS MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE SHE IS A HARD WORKER. THAT TO ME MEAN SHE IS STRUGGLING. SO, I ASK MYSELF IS THAT WHAT "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND" MEANS. PASS THE KIDS EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE STRUGGLING?HMMM!
patricia wooten cd 101
I like the idea that Obama is revamping the no child left behind program that was started by Bush. I feel that they need to deal with each stuent instead of school. I know some schools that need help with their kids. I don't agree how the money would b distributed. I know that there are alot of schools here in Chicago that need money to get their schools together. Also, there alot of kids that don't want to go to college. So, what do you do with them? I hope that this reform will benefit everyone the way it should. I know Chicago need all the help they can get. Lastly I feel that the government should step in because you always find out that someone has been messing with the school money. I will wait to see what happens.
I believe this was a good ideas the no child left behind. All of our children is important, and everyone learn differently. Another point is the ferdal government no nothing about the success of our children and schools. Those choices need to go back to our states and local government.
CD 101 S.MILTON
I honestly think that the government does not know what is really needed to help schools become better at excelling. the no child left behind proposal does not help every child who really does need it and for obama to change it to his own way is going to make things worst. If the people in politics who have authority to change and make education better for schools and students, would take the time and go to some schools and observe whats really going on an how they can make it better, the education reform would not be harmful and unfair to so many schools.
CD-101, Fatimah Kabir
The federal government shouldn't have the say so for school policies, closing of schools, etc. That should be the job of the teachers, and each state government they are the ones who uderstand, and know whats going on within the schools and their students. This No ChILD Left Behind polocy is a good idea, hopefully it gets the supports it needs.
CD 101
S.Milton
Takahya McIntyre Child Development 101 This article was very intersting and i really do believe that the teachers should choose how they want to teach the children because they would know how the children learn better than the government. The teachers will be the one in the classroom learning each child strength as well as weakness. Also the standrized test i feel as though that should not determine the schools standing due to the fact that maybe some children are not good at taking test or maybe a child was sick that day or something was going on in the home who are we to decide that the child should fail or the school should be closed down due to a bad test grade. I also think that any school can teach the children what they need to know but the question is are they really learning anything.
I can honestly say this and only this my president said it best "Education is no longer just a pathway to opportunity and success, it is a prerequisite," Obama.
I honestly will say this and only this obama said it best "Education is no longer just a pathway to opportunity and success, it is a prerequisite," A. Coleman
(A. Coleman)I will say this and only this in agreeiance with President Obama "Education is no longer just a pathway to opportunity and success, it is a prerequisite," Obama.
I can only agree with President Obama !!!"Education is no longer just a pathway to opportunity and success, it is a prerequisite," Obama.
Robin: I am glad that our new president (Obama) children had the opportunity attending a public school in Chicago. I believe for that reason and Arnie Duncan being in involved in the Public school system is going to allow them to fix the "No Child Left Behind" crisis. Allowing the teachers to be creative in their teaching is great. They are the ones dealing with the students and understand their needs. I just hope they use the monies to focus on the at risk schools. Agreeing to a uniform set of national academic standards will give all the students throughout the states the same quality of education.
change is good but to put tripple the work and responsiblity on the teachers is crule.The main concern is teachers having no authority is simply wrong. this is going to cause stress on teachers and students.I believe that dealing with the school sysems and the overal budget that money is not being used properly. Anquinetta Butler
sarah perry cd101
i am glad that obama is working on the school system. The old system appear not to be working. I do not understand how they have the "no child left" program but yet they are suspending kids every other day. In the new system they need to incorporate behavior. There are a lot of kids that are struggling with behavior problems which would interfere with the kids learning.
Zenobia Barker: I feel the no child left behind is a gteat ideal but their are aways kids that simply fall throught the cracks in the system I know the systems is perfect but their need to be some changes made to meet every childs needs. Kids need a sense of security and if they fall thought the cracks the what happens to them.
Rosemarie Quintana CD 109
I agree with Obama trying to bring back the no child left behind program because many of the public schools need help with alot of things and need alot of money to improvr thier school.That is true there are many kids that do not want to go to college so what really can we do to help them .I really fill strongly about how chicago need more help and support from the government and who ever else is willing to help.
Rosemarie Quintana CD 109
I agree with Obama trying to bring back the no child left behind program because many of the public schools need help with alot of things and need alot of money to improvr thier school.That is true there are many kids that do not want to go to college so what really can we do to help them .I really fill strongly about how chicago need more help and support from the government and who ever else is willing to help.
I understand what Obama is doing. I also respect him for what he's doung.But, I believe the "no child left behind" is a bit much for some children. Some children can be honor roll students all year long, but will fail that test due to the pressure we place on them. Then they have to repeat the same grade. What do we do about that? I believe that there are other options.....
I LOVE OBAMA IDEA ON LOOKING AT THE CHILDREN AS INDIVIDUALS INSTEAD OF MAKING THE CHILDREN THAT ARE REALLY DOING THEIR WORK SUFFER BECAUSE OF ANOTHER PERSON MISTAKES. MANY CHILDREN ARE NOT JUST GOOD IN MATH AND READING BUT ALL AREAS. IF A CHILD HAS ALL THESE OTHER CLASSES BUT THE TEST ARE ON FOCUSING ON TWO SUBJECTS WHAT IS THE POINT IN TAKING THEM. THIS SYSTEM WILL HELP CHILDREN DEVELOPMENT IN ALL SUBJECTS I AM HAPPY HE IS CHANGING THE NO CHILD LIFT BEHIND.
I believe that every child should receive all the skills that teacher have to offer them. we as adults should come together for our futher children work hard to accomplish what is needed to instill all the skills and knowledge... they're our future.
I was kind of back and fourth with the articles information, I agree with obama about judging school of individual students instead of overall class performance. I agree that we should make high school student college ready and career ready, but I don’t think we should leave it up to the federal government to control from Washington. I think that it should be some other way that out teachers, school districts and the board of education should moniter. And the comment Amy Wilkins statement makes me wonder if the plan was well thought out. Because we would be letting 85% of our schools get over looked. I liked the no child left behind, but it has some flaws, all great plans do. I think that we should figure out the problem, find the issue and fix it and work try to work Obama’s plan into the mix so we can end up with an excellent plan Cynthia Warren cd101
i fel that that nochild left behind is good buti feel that they can doa better job helping the schools out some of these schools need it worse than others who get the say who get it and who dont every child education is mportant tht is probably the easonwe have swuch a high drop out rate.
"I AM GLAD TO SE THAT THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IS FOCUSING ON EDUCATION".Education to me is very important so if there is anything that can be done to better it i say go fo it. Kids now a days need to e pushed for everything so having this opportunity is great. A. Coleman CD101
CBarnes CD109
I believe that every child should receive all the skills that teacher have to offer them.Also the standardized test i feel as though that should not determine the schools standing due to the fact that maybe some children are not good at taking test or maybe a child was sick that day or something was going on in the home who are we to decide that the child should fail or the school should be closed down due to a bad test grade.
I am happy that President Obama is taking steps to change No Child Left Behind. There were a lot of good ideas in the plan that just weren't followed through. I think schools need to develop a different program one that suits them. I think part of the problem that it was to broad a plan.
Post a Comment