Thanks to Robin Moore for sending this article... In all the bad we are hearing about budgets, education, etc... Here's some WONDERFUL NEWS
30 comments:
Robin
said...
It's such a blessing to see our young black men with a focus to succeed. I am also a proud mother that know how important brotherhood is. My middle son decided to attend Morehouse College which is an all male college. He graduated with honors. He's now attending Duke University majoring in Bio-medical engineering. Having positive role models and schools that understand black males is so vital to our future generation. We need to keep spreading the word and maybe some of the boys with little hope and grab hold to what these young men are doing.
i am glad the city is recognizing that there are still some young black men who want to accomplish something out of life exspecially, the ones in Englewood. For years this neighborhood been labled as rough and tough. Congratulation to the seniors!!! STAY POSITIVE AND FOCUSED..
I think that it's a blessing to here something good about our young african american men growing up and going to school in such a rough neighborhood. I'm so amazed at how everyone was accepted into college. I wish there could be more schools with accomplishments like that especially some public schools. All I can say is keep up the excellent work and hopefully there will be many more senior classes that'll be just as successful as this one. Stay on the Right Track!
Such a motivating story and it's exciting to know we as a whole is still accomplishing dreams we all have thought of as a young age and so forth. I personally think if more students got the experience that these charter schools boy have received would be a blessing to unforunate individuals who's parents can't afford to send them to college. I wish the best for those students and hope they take the oppurtunity seriously.
This is amazing to see our young black men being acknowledge for all their hard work.For many year's they have been look over. This will allow them to become the leaders that they have always dream to become. This is truly a blessing.It just shows that our time has come for this generation.
patricia wooten cd101 This is a major milestone for the black males. We have so mant young black guys who aren't even considering going to college. I give these guys a high five. I can imagine how their parents must feel. We need more positive role models like these young men. I hope to see this more often because we need the young men to step up and become real men. My uncle was head of the caps program in Englewood and he use to tell me about some of the young men down there. It wasn't good, but this is good. Congrats to all of these fine young men.
This Is A Very encouraging and hopeful article. Its gives so much hope to those children who believe that they dont have a chance at better education because of their society and/or community. This Is truly a blessing to have not one, but every black male in the class make it into college. These children are the prime example of letting other young black males know that they can make it as well.
I think that it is very amazing to know that all 107 senior students were accepted into four year universities. It is a great thing, truly remarkable to know that not all young African-American males are drop outs, incarcirated, or uninvolved parents. Not all of our young black men are in a gang, on drugs, selling drugs, or basically a menace to society. I feel that Urban Prep has done and outstanding job with the students. Maybe this would put some sort of halt to all of the negative statistics that come along with being an African-American (male).
This was a great story and should go down in history, the whole male senior class gets accepted to college. This shows that if everyone work together they can make it, striving for the same dream. It shows chicago schools are worth while. CD 101 S.MILTON
patricia wooten I am glad to see that we have some black men who are striving to achieve greatness. This should be something that alot of our black men should read about, and know that they can do anything. I am glad that the city recognized them also. I wish them all the best and to keep going until you reach your calling.
it's kinda exciting that schools are starting to focus on education for students that the city has started to view as unable to succeed but now we will be able to see how are young black men who want to accomplish something out of life view their education and how they want to make something of themselves
A WORTHY EDUCATION.IT'S GOOD TO SEE DEMONCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ARE JOINING TOGETHER TO SUPPORT SENATE BILL 2494, THE ILLINOIS SCHOOL CHOICE ACT. THE REALITIES IS THEY BELIEVE IT'S ONE WAY TO SPEND OUR MONEY MORE EFFECTIVELY. THIS BILL OFFERS VOUCHERS TO FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN ENROLLED IN THE WORST CHICAGO'S ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS, AS BOTTOM 10 PERCENT. THE RESOURCES WILL BBE INVESTED IN PUBLIC EDUCATION. EVERY CHILD SHOULD HAVE A DREAM AND EVERY DREAM SHOULD HAVE A CHANCE. CD 101 S. MILTON
IT'S GREAT NEWS VATICAN, POPE SUED OVER ABUSE INVOLVING 200 DEAF BOYS. ITS BOUT TIME SOMEONE HAS START PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN FROM SEXUAL ABUSE, THIS CRIME OF MOLESTION AGAINST OUR CHILDREN SHOULD STOP BEING COVERED UP AND NEEDS TO BE ADDRESS. I GLAD TO HEAR SOMEONE BELIEVES OUR CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE. BUT SAD TO KNOW 200BOYS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN! CD 101 S. MILTON
I Anquinetta Butler is making a comment on Robin comment I agree that it is wonderful to see black men with a focus to succeed. It is very hard for them to focus with all of the gangs and other crimes that take place. Some places you can barely walk down your own street without getting jumped on or shot at or even robbed. These type of things will take away your passion for success. So to all of the young and old men who are able to over come these problems and go to school and finish your are it.
I am glad to see that young black men are doing something then becoming as what people would call a satistic. Also I admire that these young men worked hard to succeed in accomplishing their lifetime goals. These young men worked extremly hard to get them where they are today and did not let anyone change their minds. I think that is an accomplishment within itself.
I am happy to see that every black male is not getting sterotyped and that there are still some young men who want to be something and that they are trying to do something with themselves and that they are trying to be something.
Zenobia Barker.Im glad that we have young black men working hard trying to acheive goals in life and not hanging out on the corner doing nothing and getting in trouble.We need commend or young men for all of their hard work.
This is such great news, its about time we've heard something positive about our young black men instead of them being involved with shootings and killings in the Englewood area. Maybe this can influence more young men to do better in life and want to succeed.
Rosemarie Quintana CD 109 When Reading this article About Young African American men who are interesting in coming back to I thought that was so amazing because there are some young men who pass up the opportunity to go to school because they rather be in the street but those that are thinking about it I encourage them to come because in the long run its going to pay off and people are going to look up to you .
This is a blessing for our young black men. Society does need to know that there are some good and successful young black men. That is a great inspiration for me and my son. He needs to also know that even though society stereotypes, he can still prove them wrong. He doesn't have to fall into the bad life because that's what's expected.
With all the violence that has been surrounding us lately, and all the killings of our young black men. It’s good to hear positive information like them accomplishing one of their goals that would lead to accomplish more and a great future. We often say that there is not any hope for our black men, but this is a prime example that there is if you put you r mind to it and stay focus. Cynthia Warren
Seeing Black men on a great path of sucess is always good !!!!!it let's me know that there's hope for me (LOL)with an opportunity like this on I believe that everyone should know about this so I say spread the word. A.Coleman
I am happy to see that every black male is not getting stereotyped and that there are still some young men who want to be something and that they are trying to do something with themselves and that they are trying to be something.
I was glad to see these young men doing something positive with themselves, and that they are getting the recognition they deserve. I think a big problem here is that these young men have nothing that is theirs to truly be proud of. This leads them to take paths they shouldn't. I only hope that these young men will inspire others.
It is wonderful news. I can't help wondering why all of the high schools in Chicago can't do the positve things this Charter school is doing. My goodness a LOTTERY, to go to a good school. ALL schools should be a "GOOD SCHOOL". A. Henning
Henning... Although a great story, it is still unfortunate that there has to be a lottery for a child to try and get a good education. THE LUCK OF THE DRAW?
I love working with all of you and find myself amazed and proud of you all, ALL OF THE TIME! I feed off of your strength and look forward to the amazing impacts, I know, you will make in our field!
30 comments:
It's such a blessing to see our young black men with a focus to succeed. I am also a proud mother that know how important brotherhood is. My middle son decided to attend Morehouse College which is an all male college. He graduated with honors. He's now attending Duke University majoring in Bio-medical engineering. Having positive role models and schools that understand black males is so vital to our future generation. We need to keep spreading the word and maybe some of the boys with little hope and grab hold to what these young men are doing.
sarah perry cd101 m-w
i am glad the city is recognizing that there are still some young black men who want to accomplish something out of life exspecially, the ones in Englewood. For years this neighborhood been labled as rough and tough. Congratulation to the seniors!!! STAY POSITIVE AND FOCUSED..
Stephanie Canada CD-101
I think that it's a blessing to here something good about our young african american men growing up and going to school in such a rough neighborhood. I'm so amazed at how everyone was accepted into college. I wish there could be more schools with accomplishments like that especially some public schools. All I can say is keep up the excellent work and hopefully there will be many more senior classes that'll be just as successful as this one. Stay on the Right Track!
Such a motivating story and it's exciting to know we as a whole is still accomplishing dreams we all have thought of as a young age and so forth. I personally think if more students got the experience that these charter schools boy have received would be a blessing to unforunate individuals who's parents can't afford to send them to college. I wish the best for those students and hope they take the oppurtunity seriously.
This is amazing to see our young black men being acknowledge for all their hard work.For many year's they have been look over. This will allow them to become the leaders that they have always dream to become. This is truly a blessing.It just shows that our time has come for this generation.
patricia wooten cd101
This is a major milestone for the black males. We have so mant young black guys who aren't even considering going to college. I give these guys a high five. I can imagine how their parents must feel. We need more positive role models like these young men. I hope to see this more often because we need the young men to step up and become real men. My uncle was head of the caps program in Englewood and he use to tell me about some of the young men down there. It wasn't good, but this is good. Congrats to all of these fine young men.
This Is A Very encouraging and hopeful article. Its gives so much hope to those children who believe that they dont have a chance at better education because of their society and/or community. This Is truly a blessing to have not one, but every black male in the class make it into college. These children are the prime example of letting other young black males know that they can make it as well.
Fatimah Kabir cd-101
Mochinique J.
I think that it is very amazing to know that all 107 senior students were accepted into four year universities. It is a great thing, truly remarkable to know that not all young African-American males are drop outs, incarcirated, or uninvolved parents. Not all of our young black men are in a gang, on drugs, selling drugs, or basically a menace to society. I feel that Urban Prep has done and outstanding job with the students. Maybe this would put some sort of halt to all of the negative statistics that come along with being an African-American (male).
EXCELLENT! This report bring tears to my eyes.
This was a great story and should go down in history, the whole male senior class gets accepted to college. This shows that if everyone work together they can make it, striving for the same dream. It shows chicago schools are worth while.
CD 101 S.MILTON
patricia wooten
I am glad to see that we have some black men who are striving to achieve greatness. This should be something that alot of our black men should read about, and know that they can do anything. I am glad that the city recognized them also. I wish them all the best and to keep going until you reach your calling.
rosenice evans
it's kinda exciting that schools are starting to focus on education for students that the city has started to view as unable to succeed but now we will be able to see how are young black men who want to accomplish something out of life view their education and how they want to make something of themselves
A WORTHY EDUCATION.IT'S GOOD TO SEE DEMONCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ARE JOINING TOGETHER TO SUPPORT SENATE BILL 2494, THE ILLINOIS SCHOOL CHOICE ACT. THE REALITIES IS THEY BELIEVE IT'S ONE WAY TO SPEND OUR MONEY MORE EFFECTIVELY. THIS BILL OFFERS VOUCHERS TO FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN ENROLLED IN THE WORST CHICAGO'S ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS, AS BOTTOM 10 PERCENT. THE RESOURCES WILL BBE INVESTED IN PUBLIC EDUCATION. EVERY CHILD SHOULD HAVE A DREAM AND EVERY DREAM SHOULD HAVE A CHANCE.
CD 101
S. MILTON
IT'S GREAT NEWS VATICAN, POPE SUED OVER ABUSE INVOLVING 200 DEAF BOYS. ITS BOUT TIME SOMEONE HAS START PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN FROM SEXUAL ABUSE, THIS CRIME OF MOLESTION AGAINST OUR CHILDREN SHOULD STOP BEING COVERED UP AND NEEDS TO BE ADDRESS. I GLAD TO HEAR SOMEONE BELIEVES OUR CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE. BUT SAD TO KNOW 200BOYS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!
CD 101
S. MILTON
I Anquinetta Butler is making a comment on Robin comment I agree that it is wonderful to see black men with a focus to succeed. It is very hard for them to focus with all of the gangs and other crimes that take place. Some places you can barely walk down your own street without getting jumped on or shot at or even robbed. These type of things will take away your passion for success. So to all of the young and old men who are able to over come these problems and go to school and finish your are it.
I am glad to see that young black men are doing something then becoming as what people would call a satistic. Also I admire that these young men worked hard to succeed in accomplishing their lifetime goals. These young men worked extremly hard to get them where they are today and did not let anyone change their minds. I think that is an accomplishment within itself.
pilar reed
I am happy to see that every black male is not getting sterotyped and that there are still some young men who want to be something and that they are trying to do something with themselves and that they are trying to be something.
Zenobia Barker.Im glad that we have young black men working hard trying to acheive goals in life and not hanging out on the corner doing nothing and getting in trouble.We need commend or young men for all of their hard work.
Charlenena Hollingsworth,CD 101 AC MW
This is such great news, its about time we've heard something positive about our young black men instead of them being involved with shootings and killings in the Englewood area. Maybe this can influence more young men to do better in life and want to succeed.
Rosemarie Quintana CD 109
When Reading this article About Young African American men who are interesting in coming back to I thought that was so amazing because there are some young men who pass up the opportunity to go to school because they rather be in the street but those that are thinking about it I encourage them to come because in the long run its going to pay off and people are going to look up to you .
This is a blessing for our young black men. Society does need to know that there are some good and successful young black men. That is a great inspiration for me and my son. He needs to also know that even though society stereotypes, he can still prove them wrong. He doesn't have to fall into the bad life because that's what's expected.
I is truly a amazing to see before my eyes that our young black powerful,strong leaders are being recognized.
With all the violence that has been surrounding us lately, and all the killings of our young black men. It’s good to hear positive information like them accomplishing one of their goals that would lead to accomplish more and a great future. We often say that there is not any hope for our black men, but this is a prime example that there is if you put you r mind to it and stay focus. Cynthia Warren
I think a great thing to know that men in general are getting the education..
Seeing Black men on a great path of sucess is always good !!!!!it let's me know that there's hope for me (LOL)with an opportunity like this on I believe that everyone should know about this so I say spread the word. A.Coleman
CBarnes CD109
I am happy to see that every black male is not getting stereotyped and that there are still some young men who want to be something and that they are trying to do something with themselves and that they are trying to be something.
I was glad to see these young men doing something positive with themselves, and that they are getting the recognition they deserve. I think a big problem here is that these young men have nothing that is theirs to truly be proud of. This leads them to take paths they shouldn't. I only hope that these young men will inspire others.
It is wonderful news. I can't help wondering why all of the high schools in Chicago can't do the positve things this Charter school is doing.
My goodness a LOTTERY, to go to a good school. ALL schools should be a "GOOD SCHOOL".
A. Henning
Rondrell...I feel that its about time that black young men get noticed for something other than killing and selling drugs
Henning... Although a great story, it is still unfortunate that there has to be a lottery for a child to try and get a good education. THE LUCK OF THE DRAW?
Post a Comment