Saturday, November 22, 2008

NAEYC accreditation

Our program is working at becoming a NAEYC accredited program. Although you hear about naeyc all the time, I wanted to provide the link and remind you all to get your student memberships. We will be seeking you assistance while you prepare for our site visit this spring.

http://www.naeyc.org/


*the Early Childhood tab has lots of great resources: Share what you find with us in the comments.


-Prof Connor

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will be a great opportunity for those who are in the field to become teachers. I hope that the NAEYC Accreditation recognize the associate degree programs in college. It will help us throughout our classroom so that children can get a great start on learning.

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you Delois, this accreditation will be something great to look forward to and will bring great oppurtunities for us as teachers

Anonymous said...

I am very excited about the new NAEYC programs that all my teachers have been talking about. Im looking toward learning and working with this program

Anonymous said...

NAEYC Accreditation program is avery well organization, and I hope that our childcare programs will recognize how great our professors are. I also went on the web site, and they also have great resources in early childcare. You should go and check it out. Rowna Miles CD-120,262,101

Prof. Connor said...

Rowna,

You're right, you all should check the website... NAEYC is the gold standard in our field. If you feel lost on anything in our field, they have a resource for you. Add it to your favorites!

Anonymous said...

From Ms. L. Grayson CD205 ==>I like the singing as a teaching tool resource. I used to sing and do voices for my nephews before they went to sleep at night. It's how they learned their abc's and it went with a story. this site is a good child development resource.

Anonymous said...

olatunde CD 101
this is great organization which everyone intending to become a early childhood educator needs to join. this organization will improve, expose and challenge educators on how to make use of tools that they can use in your classrooms and programs to help all young children get a great start on learning.

Anonymous said...

olatunde CD 101
i agree with the comment everyone has made. this is a great organization for everyone planning to become early childhood educator must join and try to surf through the websites to updates and advances their skills. it is a recommended site for both biginner and professional educators to check on.

Anonymous said...

I think this is very helpful information to people especially if they plan on dealing with children. i never heard of the"NAEYC" so this is something new for me. It seems to be a great website to learn information on and to get involved. Children need a great start in life so this should help. Daarina Wilson

Anonymous said...

I think that this is a good opportunity for people that are interested in going into this field. Because they would be able to benfits from what NAEYC would have to offer the people.


darlene 109

Anonymous said...

I think it would be great if our program received NAEYC Accreditation. The more accreditations the better.

Kelli Davis 120

Anonymous said...

Claudia ..... I think that all CD students should want to become apart of NAEYC and Olive Harvey should make it a requirement so that all CD student can start networking and continue to learn more about the field

Anonymous said...

to add to Kelli Davis 120 comment the more accreditation the better it is for this program. for this our program to achieve what other programs attained, accreditation is the priority

Anonymous said...

to add to Kelli Davis 120 comment that the more accreditations the better it is for our program. for our program to achieve for what other programs had attained i think the accreditations should be the priority.

olatunde CD 101

Anonymous said...

I agree that this program will be so beneficial to so many people. I am looking forward to learning more and getting involved so I can be a wonderful teacher someday.

Anonymous said...

early childhood literacy is so important. I know so many children that don't know how to read or write. It's so sad, and it bothers me so. It's good to know people in government see the need for a literacy program. I just hope they continue to follow through with this program, and the funding doesn't go under or missing

L. Grayson

Anonymous said...

okay, I've been going through this site with my little cyber comb. (insert laugh) I see there are quite a few links that would be helpful to anyone. i like a few, this one in particular =>http://www.ed.gov/offices/OERI/ECI/index.html you all should look at that one.



L, Grayson

Anonymous said...

I hope the NAEYC program recognizes Olive Harvey. The teachers for the child development program are excellent. This is not a ploy to score extra points. hehehe I've fallen in love with Prof. Connor and Prof. Jackson's method of teaching. It's not too complicated, and it's thorough. This is why I think NAEYC should recognize Olive Harvey's child development program.

L. Grayson

Anonymous said...

If everyone is working on the same guidelines you can get a better understanding on how to teach the children and NAEYC provide that for us.
Paula Ferguson 205 MW

Anonymous said...

NAEYC always have something fresh and new and that is what learning is about.

Paula Ferguson 205 MW

Anonymous said...

I been blessed to have six children and one day I will have grandchildren. My hope is that by that time every program for young children will be NAEYC accredited.

Paula Ferguson 205MW

Anonymous said...

It seems like a very good program. Its great how they use different techniques to attract the children's attention. I find it is easier to remember a song because it has a rythm or melody than just tryin to remember words that are being said to u. Children like songs so that will be great for them.
La'Tesha M. Milton

Anonymous said...

- Cecilia Sanchez - CD-205

fOR ME NAEYC -Is an excellent opportunity ,for every body that love childrens.

Anonymous said...

NAEYC accreditation would be a wonderful assests to the Olive Harvey program. Future teachers should take every advantage of becoming a member of the NAEYC organization. The organizatin is a helpful tool and a great source for networking. I agree that every early childhood major should join NAEYC and if you join as a student the membership fee is not very expensive. Everyone take advantage of becoming a member use your school check and put it toward membershp fee

Janet Benavides

Anonymous said...

Lakiya:
I feel that NAEYC is the gold standard in our field. If you feel lost on anything in our field, they have a resource for you. I read that singing was used as a tool resource and because I like singing that will be right up my alley! Singing was used to help me in my studying and I feel it could be essential for the learning and teaching of children. Patterns are sometimes good!It's how they learned their abc's and it went with a story.


this is great organization which everyone intending to become a early childhood educator needs to join. this organization will improve, expose and challenge educators on how to make use of tools that they can use in your classrooms and programs to help all young children get a great start on learning.

December 2, 2008 3:29 PM
Anonymous said...
olatunde CD 101
i

Anonymous said...

This is Shanta from CD 120. I think that Olive-Harvey has the best teachers for Child Development Majors. Prof. Connor,
Prof. Veronica Jackson have managed to get me very excited and enthusiastic about children, how they develop, and about becoming a teacher. There's no doubt that the Olive-Harvey's Child Development Program should receive accreditation from NAEYC. When NAEYC visited back in March the Child Development staff was fully prepared, work cool under pressure, and had NAEYC impressed by the students engagement in Child Development. My instructor Prof. Connor really works super hard to implement new programs for Child Development Majors at this school. Her effort and dedication to this college alone should merit Olive-Harvey College receiving NAEYC accreditation. Not to mention this college is one of the best in the state.

lashann walker said...

i really enjoy learning under professor connor it makes learning about child development so exciting and i hope that the program works out i have always been interested inteaching children how to read i love helping the little kids they are so much fun.

Anonymous said...

NAEYC is a great program and they have great resources. This program is sure to help in early childhood.
Bessie Miles 262

Anonymous said...

Sammy Lebron Child Dev. 101

I learned about NAEYC last year at a meeting from members of NAEYC. they told me some very interesting information about it and something i should study if i want to become a teacher in the grade levels i desire. I like how they try to improve all the time making sure Children get what they need from birth to age eight. me, whating to become a teacher in the future, i feel that is very helpful and remembering the codes from the poster posted in almost every clssroom and in hallways will become a huge commitment for me to handle. I look forward to checking out some more things about NAEYC.

Anonymous said...

Zenobia Barker: I think the NAEYC Accreditation recongizing us is a good thing everyone isnt able to go to school and get a four year and for them to give us the reconigtions that we deserve is a beautiful thing

Anonymous said...

Zenobia Barker: I think the NAEYC Accreditation recongizing us is a good thing everyone isnt able to go to school and get a four year and for them to give us the reconigtions that we deserve is a beautiful thing

Anonymous said...

Zenobia Barker: I think the NAEYC Accreditation recongizing us is a good thing everyone isnt able to go to school and get a four year and for them to give us the reconigtions that we deserve is a beautiful thing