Monday, November 22, 2010

TEACHERS....

">VIDEO

72 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashleigh Martin

this video spoke nothing but the truth. instead of people wanting to know wha a teacher makes, asks what they do for the classroom and how they make their students happy. people dont realize doing whats makes you happy is a great thing. the pay is also a factor but if u do a great job, that will also fall in place.

Anonymous said...

That was great! I loved the message because I thought it was done in a way that everyone can understand.
I think it could also help make the minds up of those who may have wanted to become teachers.
I also know from pass experiences that the things he was saying were true! LOL
A. Henning

Joseph Swansey said...

I think this video was very enlighting because they were basically trying to embarass the teacher based on their salary compared to that of a lawyer by asking the teacher "How munch do you make?"

Joseph Swansey said...

The teacher says they teacher children to become smart and teaches them about life and and making their parents proud of them. So at the end the teahcer shows that teacher can be appreciated way more then their salary compared to a lawyer because they are teaching our future.

Joseph Swansey said...

Listening to this video made me look at teachers in a different way and respect them and appreciate them more because their job isn't easy and I don't think they get all the recognition they deserve.

Anonymous said...

Ericka Williams I thought the video was really funny. I think most of the things he said was true. I especially belive that kids do try and use the restroom just because their bored. I belive have kids that say they have to use the restroom really dont. I dont agree on his teaching techniques but mostly I enjoyed the video.

Janette said...

Janette M. Avila

This is a really good video,I also think teacher make less money what they should make because they are helping students to be successful people.

Janette said...

Janette M. Avila

This is a really good video,I also think teacher make less money what they should make because they are helping students to be successful people.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer Jiles

This video was very interesting and it was actually true. This video made me honor teachers more because they go through a lot trying to teach students. People often do make jokes about "how much teachers make."

Anonymous said...

I think this video portrays,how teachers feel and how they want their student to behave..It was really informative to me. Victoria Avadu

Anonymous said...

Loreal, I agree with what Ashleigh is saying. People dont want to look at the big picture on how hard it is to stand in a teacher shoes. now am not saying that all teachers are great but alot of them really care about their students learning. And for the parents you cant keep holding the teacher Responsible for your children's academics, because you have to do your part as making sure your child practice and understands the material.

Anonymous said...

Tracy-Ashley Thomas

This video was really funny. But at the same time it sent out a good message to parents, teachers, and students. The way the "rap" or speech was done, it was done in a way that everyone can relate and understand it. This video made you think about the big question... HOW MUCH DO YOU MAKE??

dierra blakely said...

Dierra Blakely. This was a excellent message. I never thought about it that way when a person ask me how much a teacher make or they may say a teacher dont get paid as much. Making a difference in a child life is very important. I believe that a p erson shouldn't become a teacher for the money they should do it to make better future leaders. This was a powerful message in my opinion.

Dierra Blakely said...

Dierra Blakely.I liked how he was making the speech funny in away but speaking nothing but the truth.

Rhonda Veroncia Williams said...

Rhonda Veronica Williams
Child Development 101-1-A

This was a very interesting video!! Yes children say they have to go to the washroom, but really don't. Kids are consuming chocolate and other sugars like they are on drugs. Not to mention the crack babies that were born in the 80's who are now in there thirties.

Teachers are Passionatly doing a great work of teaching. Many teachers go beyond the call of duty. Ultimatly, they will be rewarded for all that they do.

Anonymous said...

Sherita Kennie

I think that this video was wonderful. Teachers have a huge responsibility with all of the children in the wourld. It is a difficult and, yet underpaid job. My people never know thr true salary that teachers make and I feel that this video should place a little more respect on teachers for ther efforts. Teachers ability to mold, encourage and ultimately teach our childen has much to do with how well they do in life.

Anonymous said...

Sherita Kennie
to: Joseph Swansey

I don't think that this video was trying to embarass teachers at all. It spoke the truth about what teachers do reguardless to pay. By putting a teacher career next to that of another well respected position in our society, it gave a true message on how we underappreciate teachers.

Anonymous said...

I think this was funny but educational and a great reality check for students and teachers

Anonymous said...

(Jovan) listening to this video he who deliver this massage is well out spooken of good value in a student teacher.And to think back I have Hah some good and bad teacher ,but it didnt reflex my feather I came to the concluion teacher are teacher.

Anonymous said...

jovan leggett /read ashligh post and i agree 100% of what you said ,do what make you happy and desire not for the money.
jovan leggett

Unknown said...

Angelica Luckett

I really loved and completely agreed with this video. The part that mostly syuck out was when he said he call parents to let them know who their children really are. I think teachers should do that more, don't always call when somethings wrong let them know when good is happening too. This is a message that everyone one need to see...I want to share it myself

Anonymous said...

Loreal, I really enjoyed this video because it shows a lot motivation and strength on become a strong individual. It point out positive facts on expanding your mind and making learning beautifully. Its points out to think before you act because when you assume you make an a** out of you. My favorite parts is when he said “you want to know what I make I make kids work harder then they ever thought they could” “asked me to be honest because you see I have this little policy in my classroom… about honesty and but kicking which is… if you ask for it then I have to let you have it” lol what a great presentation!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Dante, I say WOW to the amount of money that can be made roughly 66,000. yearly. The New York Times report 61 percent more than half the college students cheat on their essay, test, quizes,etc.... I never imagin a person could make that kind of money, typing papers. When a student graduate from High School and go to College. They have to cram year worth of work into 3 months of work. I do not aprove of cheating it is morally and ethically wrong. When writing a cheating paper the only person that benifit form it is the person writing the paper. Reading the article show me exactlyhow to write an essay. I know that this was his way of earning a living,but it was wrong. I know some professor do push you close to the edge, and they just want the finish product. I know when I first started collged I got help from everyone inclusing my professors. Now I can't seem to get help from anyone. Some of the professors seem to not give a damn. Twanna Burney

Anonymous said...

ashleigh martin
i agree with janetta avila. i want to be a teacher because i want to help children not because of the money. i feel as though if you doing a job thaht pays well but yo hate it you will always be stressed andmiserable at work. whereas if you work somewhere yo love to be yo will make the best out of the money

Anonymous said...

This guy was very outspoken. I like the speech.




Carmanleatha meeks

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this video because he DID give his dinner guests exactly what they asked for! Teachers are more than the sum of their salary but lifelong leaders and champions of the future of possibilities. I have met lawyers, judges, doctors and well paid professionals and of all the impressive people I have had the pleasure to regard, the only faces and words I remember clearly are from my parents and teachers.
-Gina

Anonymous said...

I love this video because many people always asking what a teacher makes instead of how the teachers can help the children make a difference in their lives. If we can all stop worrying about the money and worry about the children future and how can we teach them positive ways to lead into the future these children would be more advance in thier studies.

comments by Kristina Widemon

Anonymous said...

I liked what he said, It made me feel encouraged about studying to be a teacher. I have always felt that people that go into teaching and social service fields are doing it for a compensation that gives greater rewards than money. While I do think teachers should earn better salaries, the benefits that come from the work we do is far greater then anything money could buy.

Maya S. Coney

Anonymous said...

This poem was absolutely great... i love that he takes pride in his job and he doesnt care what anyone else thinks of him. He clearly loves his students and i would love to have a teacher like him in my life. he makes money but he doesnt let the money make him! LOVE HIM!
Kayla Cole

Anonymous said...

I thought that was amazing. Teachers are not paid enough for all that they do. They are the ones that teach are children. Children are the future. What do lawyers do for children? Doctors only see them when they are sick. Teacher s are with them every Day
Maryann Martin

Anonymous said...

verrrrrryyyyyyy deep lol i thought that u said lots of true facts but in a humerous way lol Diamond Gray

Anonymous said...

that was a really funny teacher!! he made good sense and he made a good point. thats what those people get for trying to embarass him!! lol i want to send my kids to him when i have them..
lucille lewis

Anonymous said...

Awesome speech. More teachers need to be rough but encouraging at the same time. Supporting the student and also letting them know when they are wrong makes them better people. I feel like tell it like it is at all time and help the next person to do better. Tara Crosby

Anonymous said...

Antashia Ball-I really loved this video. He really knows how to teach his students and more teachers should be like him.Mother's will really appreciate him to teaching their child.

Anonymous said...

it was awesome, he let everyone know he producing our future doctors, lawyers and he don't settle for no less then your very best.

Azoria Gray

Anonymous said...

I really liked what he said about the biggest bully in the class. i appreciate how much he strives to help kids achieve greatness. I especially over how he said he lets the parents know how what goes on in the kids classroom whether it be good or bad.

LAKEISHA GREEN

Anonymous said...

I thought his speech was excellent because he talked about, english, math, and spelling. The concept of your grade was good to you regardless of what someone says. Do your best, stand up to everyone. Teaching honesty in all forms. Demonstrated in a way everyone can understand. Big letters, side ways, colorful.



Joyce L. Williams

Anonymous said...

I found it to be funny butso true some people do think that teachers do make a diffrence in theire childerns lives so it not all bout the money it about the satisfaction of making a diffrence

Sherrie Hayes

Candice Blair said...

This video spoke nothing but the truth, I agreed with everything he said in the speech becasue all the things he described about the student I have felt.

Candice Blair

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with him. I always taught my children as long as the did their best no matter what the grade I would be just as proud as the parent of the child with all A's this made want to try harder and to achieve the best. So for me a C,D,F was the noble peace prize if you gave it your best.

Rhonda Evans

Anonymous said...

I bet no one will ever ask him what he makes ever again LOL.... this was awesome

Ernest Harris

Anonymous said...

Keanna Parker

I think this a great poem I actually thought it was about what a teacher really makes lol. It speaks a lot of truth. This will definitely teach those that teaching is not all about the money it's all about what makes you happy and your students.

Anonymous said...

I think that the teacher was funny. Although the question was What do teachers make, meaning salary, he went on to explain what he do to make the children better than they are. In some ways I agree with his methods of teaching. Boosting a child's ego who got a C to let them know they can do better, making them write words over again to learn them was helpful for me as a child too lol. The bathroom situation is extreme, but you can tell when a child is looking for a way out and really have to go. His method may be strict , but I'm pretty sure it works.

Victoria Neal :)

Catrina said...

I think that the video that I just watched or should I say the video that I just heard was a little juicey because the teacher really got offended by the other person for asking him what do he make from being a teacher and he ment what he said and he defended his self very well.

Catrina Reid

JoAnn said...

JoAnn Johnson
Ashleigh I am in agreement with you on your comment. He spoke the truth, and some people are not ready to hear it. In my opinion teacher do not make enough money. Their in charge to teach and educate children and yet get's less respect in their field. Maybe it need to be told what teachers start off making so the world knows what it take to equip children with knowledge.

Anonymous said...

Veaundre Middleton

Anonymous said...

Veaundre Middleton

I make a difference in a child life.
I make them read and write.
I make them understand and respect others as well as themeselves.

Anonymous said...

Veaundre Middleton

I also think the message was clear for all teachers to understand the challenges that teachers face everyday when it comes to eduacating children.

Anonymous said...

Veaundre Middleton

The story was great.

Anonymous said...

Ashley Whiters

I thought that the video, "Teachers" was very informative and true.Looking at the video, I appreciate teachers more. I know that being teacher can be difficult.

Anonymous said...

Lenora Threets
Oct. 13th, 2011

I enjoyed this viedo because the teacher was more concerned on teachnig the students about education and letting them know that no amount of money was more important to him then an education for them. Students must realize that no amount is more important than an education and suceeding is more important to a teacher, because if that student becomes sucesseful than that mission of an educator has been fullfilled.

Anonymous said...

Pilar Reed

I like this video it really speaks the truth. It seems to be a very encouraging video. It makes me happy as a educator because it doesnt matter what salary you make the children is what is important. The children are our future nurses,doctors, lawyers, and teachers........ He has spoken the truth.

Anonymous said...

Takiya Clausell
I totally agree with this video, It does speak the truth on how others always say how educators don't make enough but they should only be worried about how much someone loves their job and students. if it was all about how much pay someone was recieving then it wouldn't be anybody in the education feilds. you should always do what you have the passion for in life.

Anonymous said...

Vivian Tyms

This is a very powerful video with a great meaning. This video make's me feel better about being a teacher. It show's that teacher make a difference and that it doesn't matter how much money a teascher make's what matter's is that teacher's are making a difference. This video make's me proud to become a teacher, many people told me that teacher's don't make alot of money but, that didn't matter to me. I enjoyed this video very much it was very inlighting to me.

Anonymous said...

jessica tristan. i found this video every intersting and expressive. it was something i never thought of before and made me really realize and appreciate a teachers job.

Anonymous said...

I am commenting on R V Williams, Dec.6, 2010. "Kids are consuming chocolate and other sugars like they are on drugs". Ms. Williams that is a very strong statement you made. I am wondering what children are you speaking of?

A.Henning

d.Mitchell said...

This is my second tome watching this and as the first it just made me clap. this teacher had some powerful words sending a lot of great messages only in 3 minutes. it helps students realise that hard work pays off and school is the key to success. it made me even think of how great of a student i am no matter who tries to tell you other wise. i would recommend this video to many family, friends, and especially students

MiRenee Love said...

I really enjoyed this poem. When you are a teacher you shouldn"t go into this field thinking about a pay check,your hard work and dediciation to your students should be your first priority. Of coarse you will recieve a check, but will it mean something if students are not gaining any knowledge?What matter's most is the knowledge students' gain from teacher's, not a teachers salary.

Anonymous said...

Veaundre middleton
Cd 109prof. Connors

After watching this vedio should never make a person ask what do you make as a teacher, this vedio will diffently pyt you in a different arena with how tho ask a quetion.

Anonymous said...

Veaundre Middleton
CD 109
Prof.Connors

I am sure that watching this vedio will help our fellow child Developmentmajor, weather they want to be a teacher.

Anonymous said...

Veaundre Middleton
CG 109
Prof. Conners

the message was very enlighting and powerful, it made some of us to know when and how to ask the right person the right question.

Anonymous said...

Veaundre Middleton
CD 109
Prof. Connors

Teachers that are in the field of teaching i'm sure they enjoy what they are doing. Please get up the interest that you enjoy to make better leaders.

Anonymous said...

Veaundre Middleton
CD 109
Prof.Connors

The message was powerful and direct to the piont. Everyone undrestood what he said.

LaJeanaD said...

I'm a student on my way to becoming a teacher. I taught without a degree for two years in a private Christian School. I can definitely identify with this. As a teacher's assistant I started out making $400 a month...yes a month. Then got a hundred dollar raise after a three month evaluation...$500 a month. When I got came back the next year I got a lead teaching position, the enrollment had went up and I earned $1700 a month. But, in the end my greatest rewards were not monetary. Teaching a kid to read, write, spell, color inside the lines lol, and have confidence in themselves. Teaching kids to make friends, and the word of God as a subject...all priceless!

Anonymous said...

Latasha Coleman

I think you should never ask a person what they make. You should ask them do they enjoy what they are doing.

Anonymous said...

Loreal Lucas
this video speaks the truth
I like this video because it real. more teacher need to ack his ways in the school system.

Anonymous said...

melodye said..

this video is very informative about the stragety the teacher uses fpr her students.. she believes that if she pushes the children to positivity that they will be able to accomplish whatever task is at hand without having a excuse to why they cant do it. The teacher makes sure that they are focus in the right direction

JoAnn said...

Yes I agree with you A. Henning: This is a very good message. I would hope that every parent and child that hears this message, a change will come about. Yes this is true in what he is saying and funny..

JoAnn Johnson

JoAnn Johnson said...

Yes I agree with you A. Henning: This is a very good message. I would hope that every parent and child that hears this message, a change will come about. Yes this is true in what he is saying and funny..

Anonymous said...

This video was humorous but spoke the truth. Teachers are very under paid , I believe that some teachers take part in our lives and help build the foundation of our future.

Charlenena Hollingsworth

Anonymous said...

Maricarmen Gonzalez Fall 2011 Child dv. 109

I think he had enough of people asking him how much he makes being a teacher. Not only him but for all the teachers being asked how much they make. Why does it matter how much money a person makes being a teacher? If a person can provide for themselves and there family and live a healthy life style that works for them and they love their job, than why do you ask, why does it matter?


Very powerful words.

Anonymous said...

Henning... This video is very intertaining and true, loved it!